- The Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce presented the 2014 Beacon Award to Charleston County Government for the Johnnie Dodds Boulevard Improvement Project on September 25, 2014.
- National Association of Counties (NACo), A 2014 Achievement Award for its program titled: Charleston County Inland Rice Fields Traveling Trunk Program.
- 2014 American Public Works Association South Carolina Chapter, In Outstanding Achievements in Transportation, Project of the Year Award, Johnnie Dodds Boulevard Improvements, Charleston, South Carolina.
- April 2014 - American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC), Engineering Excellence Awards Competition
- National Recognition Award, Presented to Charleston County for Johnnie Dodds Boulevard Improvements, Engineering Services Provided by Michael Baker Jr. Inc. and Infrastructure Consulting & Engineering
- Charleston County won the 2013 "Preserving Our Places in History" Organizational Award from the South Carolina African American Heritage Commission (SCAAHC) for the Palmetto Commerce Parkway, Inland Rice Field Mitigation Effort. March 15, 2013.
- ACEC 2013 Engineering Excellence Award, Bee Street and Courtenay Drive Improvement Project for Charleston County.
- Charleston County, SC Transportation Development is recognized as an accredited Public Works Agency by the American Public Works Association. Initial accreditation granted May 8, 2013.
- The LPA Group, Incorporated and Coleman-Snow Consultants received the 2012 Engineering Excellence Award from the American Council of Engineering Companies for work on Phase II of the Palmetto Commerce Parkway.
- Charleston County was named one of America's 2012 Crown Communities by American City & County Magazine for how they successfully combined economic growth and expansion with preservation and historical research. Their efforts resulted in the creation of detailed research into the historical significance of inland rice production including an internet website, contextual study, lecture series, photographic record, installation of an outdoor interpretative panel, and erection of a historical wayside marker.
- 2012 J. Mitchell Graham Memorial Award Competition, Charleston County Honorable Mentioned over 150,000 population category.
- 2011 Quality Pavement Award from SC Asphalt Pavement Association for overall performance on Glenn McConnell Parkway/1-526 Improvement Project.
- ACEC 2011 Engineering Excellence Award, Davis and Floyd, Inc. Honor Award, Charleston Airport Area/Boeing Traffic Study for Charleston County, February 8, 2011.