Folly Road / Maybank Highway Intersection Improvements
Project Status: Complete
- The intersection addressed the dangerous left turns from Folly Road onto Old Folly Road and from Old Folly Road onto Maybank Highway. The new design includes mast-arm signals (stoplights) that were added to the intersections to allow traffic to turn safely from Folly Road onto Old Folly Road and from Old Folly Road onto Maybank Highway.
- New, landscaped medians with lighting and irrigation were added to Maybank Highway, Folly Road and Old Folly Road. Sidewalks with pedestrian lighting were added along Maybank Highway, Folly Road and Old Folly Road.
- The entire project area was repaved and has new pavement markings including crosswalks and signs.
- New stormwater drainage facilities were added, including a new 60-inch drainage pipe crossing underneath Maybank Highway and continuing under Wappoo Creek Drive, and all new curbs and gutters along the project area.
- Preferred Alternative
(Note- This display does not include a raised median on Old Folly Road. It has since been added.)
- June 2006 Public Comment Summary Report
- March 2007 Public Comment Summary Report
Past Public Meetings
March 15, 2007
May 25, 2006