Harbor View Road Improvements
Drawings & Maps
- Harbor View Road - North Shore Drive to Lawton Place
- Harbor View Road - Quail Drive to Bruce Drive
- Harbor View Road - Lancashire Street to Fort Johnson Road
There are no images in this gallery.
Project Status: Future Project
The Harbor View Road Improvements Project was advertised for construction bids on June 12, 2014. It is anticipated that the project will be awarded for construction at the July 29th meeting of County Council.
Harbor View Road is an Urban Minor Arterial on James Island that connects Folly Road with Fort Johnson Road, a distance of approximately 3.7 miles. The project proposes to improve Harbor View Road between North Shore Drive and Fort Johnson Road (2.1 miles) by providing a center two-way left-turn lane between North Shore Drive and Affirmation Boulevard, adding right turn lanes at major intersections, traffic signals at Fort Sumter Drive and Mikell Drive, a roundabout at the intersection with Fort Johnson Road, and adding pedestrian and bicycle facilities for the length of the project. The purpose of the project is to improve traffic flow and safety on Harbor View Road and to provide adequate bicycle and pedestrian facilities.
- To view the Environmental Assessment Reevaluation, click here
- To view the Appendices for Environmental Assessment Reevaluation, click here
- To view the Environmental Assessment, click here
Past Public Meetings
Information handed out during past public meetings is not necessarily representative of current project plans that may have changed based upon public input during the meetings. However, we are including any handouts/graphics/information for historic reference so the public can see what was provided during the meeting(s).
April 30, 2013
A public meeting to present the proposed design regarding the Harbor View Road Improvements Project for public comment was held on April 30, 2013 from 7-9 pm at Stiles Point Elementary School. The purpose of the Public Information Meeting was to provide updated information on the project, Proposed Alternative design and environmental review process. Two hundred and thirty seven (237) persons attended the meeting and approximately three hundred (300) comments were received from the community.
- To review the Comment Summary Report from the April 30, 2013 Public Information Meeting, click here
- View the video for the April 30,2013 Public Information Meeting Presentation.
- View the April 30, 2013 Public Information Meeting Handout.
February 16, 2012
A third public meeting was held at the Stiles Point Elementary School from 6-8 p.m. on February 16, 2012. The purpose of the meeting was to gather comments regarding proposed design revisions to the proposed project. Three hundred and fifty (350) persons attended the meeting and a total of four hundred and seventy (470) comments were received from the community.
- To review the Comment Summary Report from the February 16, 2012 Public Information Meeting, click here
- To view the Public Information Meeting Handout dated February 16, 2012, click here
July 17, 2007
A Public Hearing was held July 17, 2007, to present to the public the preferred alternative for the project and solicit comments regarding the proposed design.
- To view the public comment summary for Public Hearing, click here
- To view the Project Information Flyer dated September 3, 2008, click here
September 28, 2006
The second public meeting was held September 28, 2006, to brief citizens on alternatives for the Harbor View Road Improvements Project and to gather comments regarding the proposed alternatives.
June 29, 2006
A public meeting was held at the Harbor View Elementary School from 7-9 p.m. on June 29, 2006. Ninety-nine citizens were in attendance.