SC 7 (Sam Rittenberg Boulevard) / SC 61 (Ashley River Road) Intersection Improvements
Drawings & Maps
- Click here to see an aerial overlay of the proposed improvements
- SC 7 Typical Display
- SC 61 Typical Display
There are no images in this gallery.
Project Status: Construction
The project is being constructed by Blythe Development Company and work began on December 1, 2016. The project is expected to take 12 months to construct and be complete by the end of November 2017.
The goal of the SC-7 (Sam Rittenberg Boulevard) / SC-61 (Ashley River Road) Intersection Improvements Project is to improve safety and provide relief from traffic congestion that is currently experienced at the intersection. The improvements will extend along SC-61 from Wallace School Road to Wappoo Road and along SC-7 from Gardner Road to Wappoo Road. The improvements to the intersection consist of:
- Construction of an additional left turn lane on the northbound SC-61 approach (coming from Wappoo Road toward Sam Rittenberg Boulevard).
- Construction of an additional left turn lane on the southbound SC-61 approach (coming from Wallace School Road toward Sam Rittenberg Boulevard).
- Extension of the southbound right turn lane on SC-7 (coming from Wappoo Road toward SC-61).
- Lane width modifications to provide 11-foot thru lanes and 14-foot outside, shared-use lanes on SC-61 within the project limits.
- Driveway modifications.
- Traffic signal timing improvements to the intersections within the project limits.
- Decorative mast arm traffic signals.
- Decorative crosswalks with stamped brick pattern.
Not available at this time